We're in the season of stews and soups now, and this Cyprus Style Lentil Stew will really hit the spot! With potatoes, lentils, and rice, you get a really filling dish that is packed with flavor. It is perfect for those chilly fall days when you want something easy and hearty to hit the spot.
- 1/2 lb lentils
- 2-3 medium potatoes, chopped on squares
- 3.5 oz white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 oz can black olives
- juice from half a lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- Fill large pot with water and add lentils, rice and potatoes. Bring to a boil and boil for about 20 min.
- Fry the onion for a couple of minutes and add to pot with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Boil for another 20-30 min.
- Serve with black olives and add more lemon juice if desired.
PS: Adjust the water amounts depending how thick you want it.