Lasagna With a Twist
This is a really tasty and unique lasagna with a creamy lemon-garlic sauce. Instead of ground beef this recipe calls for chopped hot dogs- trust me on this, it's delicious!
- ½ package lasagna (8 oz)
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 8 ounce hot dogs (ham if you prefer)
- 8 ounce tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 8 ounce mozzarella (shredded)
- 2 ounce butter
For the Sauce:
- 8 ounce mayo
- ½ lemon
- 8 ounce yogurt
- garlic, chopped
- 1 tea spoon salt
- Fry the chopped onion for a couple of minutes, add 4-5 table spoons water and cover. Put on low heat until onion is soft.
- Chop the hot dogs on small cubes and add them to the onion until brown. Add the tomato paste and boil until it gets thicker. Stir often.
- Beat the egg, add it and keep stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded mozzarella.
- Boil each strip of lasagna separately for about a minute in a wide pot with boiling water and a little bit salt.
- Spread butter on a baking dish, and put each piece of lasagna after you boil it.
- On every 3 layers of lasagna put from the tomato mixture, the last layer should be from the mixture.
- Put a little bit butter on top and bake for about 20 min on 365F.
- In a bowl, mix the mayo with the lemon juice, add the yogurt, the salt and the garlic and keep mixing.
- Serve the lasagna hot and pour the sauce on top.