With fall right around the corner, it's time to start thinking of all of the hearty dishes that will warm us up on those crispy cool days. Nothing says warm and hearty like a good bowl of chili, and this white bean chicken chili offers a twist on a classic.
You can prepare this in a slow cooker and come home to a great aroma and a filling meal, or you can whip it up just before dinner. It's also a perfect crowd pleaser for game days! You could use canned beans and store-ready rotisserie chicken, as well. White bean chicken chili is one easy and filling dish.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium/large onion, diced
- 1 lb white beans
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 2 x 4 oz cans chilis of your choice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cubes of chicken broth
- vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Prepare beans as directed on package. Just make sure you don't cook them all the way, leave a little bit under cooked.
- Fill a pot with cold water and place chicken breasts in. Bring to boil and boil for about 20-25 min, until chicken is ready. When it starts boiling, add the 2 cubes of chicken broth.
- Once the chicken is ready, shred it on pieces. Don't discard the chicken broth yet.
- In a large pot, saute onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken, beans, corn, chilis, cumin, and oregano.Stir well and add 32 oz of the chicken broth that was left.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for about 25 min. Add salt, pepper, and fresh lime juice. Leave it for another 5-10 min to simmer.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese on top and enjoy!